General information about slabjacking:
Slabjacking is a technique for salvaging a concrete slab which has already failed by settling or sinking. Slabjacking can usually restore a concrete slab to its original elevation and orientation, but not always. Slabjacking does not result in “like new” concrete. New cracks will most likely result from the slabjacking process. The cost of grinding or patching existing or new cracks is not included in this proposal unless otherwise agreed in writing. Injection holes from the slabjacking process will be patched and made as unobtrusive as practical, but will still be evident. Protection of interior spaces such as garages, basements, etc. provided by others. Slabjack NW, LLC is NOT responsible for any damage to utility lines, private lines, plumbing or drainage issues arising from slabjacking. For additional information please review the "Plumbing and Utilities" section below.
48 Hour Cancellation Policy:
By signing below, customer acknowledges responsibility for 50% of contract total if work is cancelled within 48 hours of date scheduled for work to be performed.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment in full is due seven (7) days after completion of the work.
Notice To Customer:
Slabjack NW, LLC is registered with the State of Washington, Registration No. SLABJN*943L1 as a Specialty Contractor and has posted with the state a bond or cash deposit of $6,000 for Specialty Bond for the purpose of satisfying claims against the contractor for negligent or improper work or breach of contract in the conduct of the contractor's business. THIS BOND OR DEPOSIT MAY NOT BE SUFFICIENT TO COVER A CLAIM WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM THE WORK DONE UNDER YOUR CONTRACT. This bond or deposit is not for your exclusive use because it covers all work performed by this contractor. The bond or deposit is intended to pay valid claims up to $6,000 that you and other customers, suppliers, subcontractors, or taxing authorities may have.
Your Property May Be Liened:
If Slabjack NW, LLC is not paid for it’s services and materials your property may be liened to force payment and you could pay twice for the same work. FOR ADDITIONAL PROTECTION YOU MAY REQUEST THE CONTRACTOR TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ORIGINAL "LIEN RELEASE" DOCUMENTS FROM EACH SUPPLIER OR SUBCONTRACTOR ON YOUR PROJECT. Slabjack NW, LLC is required to provide you with further information about lien release documents if you request it. General information is also available from the Department of Labor and Industries.
If the Customer does not pay the balance when due, then the unpaid account will bear interest of twelve percent (12%) per annum, or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is higher. If the account is placed with an attorney for collection, the Customer will pay all costs, expenses, and reasonable attorney fees of collection.
Pre-claim Lien Notice:
In performing the work described in this Agreement, the Company will be furnishing materials, supplies, equipment, and labor to the Customer. If the Customer's account remains unpaid, a mechanics' and materialmens' lien may be claimed for all materials, supplies, equipment, and labor provided. If the Customer is not the Owner of the property, the Customer represents and warrants that the Customer has the express authority of the Owner to enter into this Agreement.
Any additional materials, supplies, equipment, or work not detailed in this Agreement will be added to the final bill. The final bill is due seven (7) days after completion of the work.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Customer and Owner are responsible for any and all permits required for the work to beperformed and governmental inspections of the work. The Customer and Owner are responsible to ‘locate’ and ‘mark’ all utilities and private lines including but not limited to electrical, water, sewer, cable, gas, irrigation, etc. In order to maintain the integrity of the repaired concrete slabs, the Customer and Owner shall direct downspouts away from the repaired slabs, keep gutters in working order and ensure expansion joints adjacent to repaired slabs are fully functional.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing, any estimate of a date or time for completion of the work cannot be guaranteed. Many factors are beyond the control of the Company, including weather conditions, unavailability of materials, labor strikes, and other events. The Company is not responsible for any delay caused by events beyond the Company's control.
Terms Of Estimate:
Any estimate provided is good for only thirty (30) days.
Warranty Claims - Limitation Of Liability:
Except as expressly stated elsewhere in this agreement, the Company disclaims any express or implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company’s maximum liability under any legal theory, including tort, breach of warranty, or breach of contract, shall be limited to a refund of the contract price. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any consequential or incidental damages including, but not limited to, lost profits. Any warranty claims must be made in writing to the Company, and the Company shall have the option to repair work performed and replace materials provided, or refund the Customer’s money.
Plumbing and Utilities:
Slabjack NW, LLC is not responsible for any claim for damages arising directly or indirectly relating to utility lines, private lines, plumbing or drainage issues in connection with the work proposed and provided by Slabjack NW, LLC. This includes but is not limited to the electrical, water, sewer, gas, cable, irrigation, blockage of waste lines and downspouts as well as the redirecting of water flow resulting from the raising and or adjusting of concrete flatwork. By accepting this proposal, the Customer and Owner agrees to indemnity and hold Slabjack NW, LLC harmless from any claims, suits or actions arising out of or in connection with plumbing or drainage issues more particularly described above.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPECIFIC TO NEW CONCRETE
- Customer agrees to pay 50% deposit on any scope related to the installation of new concrete.
- Customer understands deposit is non-refundable if job is cancelled within 7 days of scheduled project date.
Customer agrees to comply with the following:
- Cable, phone wires & sprinkler heads must be marked prior to installation. Slabjack NW, LLC is not responsible for damage to these items upon removal of existing concrete.
- Customer must clearly mark (paint on grass) areas to be installed; Slabjack NW, LLC will not be responsible for concrete installed in areas not having proper markings, including property line boundaries.
- In some cases, concrete material truck(s) will be required to have access to private driveways. Repair of any cracks in existing concrete resulting from delivery vehicles will be provided by others at the owner’s expense.
DAMAGE & CARE:
Newly installed concrete is susceptible to damage for the first 24 hours.
- Your new concrete project is a cement product. Most cement products take approximately 28 days to fully cure.
- Sod laying, sprinkler work & landscape work can be started after 4 days; however extra precautions must be taken during the next couple of weeks not to damage your concrete. Items such as rakes, shovels & other garden tool need to be used with caution near the concrete during the curing period.
- Keep children, pets, & objects away from the concrete for at least 24 hours.
- It will be hard to the touch at this point, however 28 additional days are necessary for a full cure.
- During the 28 day curing process keep lawn mowers and & weed eaters off of your new concrete project.
- If it begins to rain 3 hours after we leave the job, please cover the concrete with plastic.
- Make sure sprinkler systems do not turn on for at least 24 hours. Irrigation, backwash from pools, condensation lines, or rain can damage the concrete during the first 24 hours.
- Some fertilizers and chemicals will stain the concrete as they would any other cement product. You should alert those doing the fertilizing to avoid spraying the product on the concrete. If you feel they might have sprayed the concrete, you should hose it down shortly after they have finished.
Slabjack NW, LLC uses installation techniques to try to minimize these occurrences. Control joints will be used as deemed necessary.
Slabjack NW, LLC offers a 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship. Exceptions to our warranty – Damage repairs required due to large trucks, such as garbage trucks, dump trucks, delivery trucks, etc. will not be the responsibility of Slabjack NW, LLC. Damage repairs required due to acts of nature; such as hurricanes, tropical storms, and sinkholes OR abusive mowing done by homeowner or lawn service will also not be the responsibility of Slabjack NW, LLC.